What we collect
There are two categories of Ethnio users: Customers and Respondents, as defined below. Whether You qualify as a Customer, a Participant, or both depends on Your use of Ethnio. Unless, we expressly identify certain terms of the Agreement as applying only to Customers or only to Respondents, they apply to both.
"Customers" are persons and entities who pay for Services. As a Customer, You agree not to use Ethnio to send unsolicited email (i.e., spam) or for any other advertising purpose. You also agree not to drive more traffic to Ethnio’s servers than You’ve paid for. If You do either of these things, we reserve the right to cancel Your account.
"Respondents" are persons who agree to provide information and data ("Data") to Customers through Ethnio’s screener tool (the "Screener"), which is part of the Services. As a Participant, You acknowledge the difference between Ethnio and its Customers and agree that Ethnio is not responsible for Customers’ actions or statements. Along those lines, You agree that any language on the Website offering incentive payments for Your participation does not constitute a legally-binding agreement between You and Ethnio. You understand and agree that Customers, at their sole discretion, reserve the right to decide whether or not to include You in any Incentive, as defined below. Customers also have the exclusive right to determine whether the Data You provide qualifies as a complete response.
What we collect from Customers
We collect your financial information (like your bank account or payment card numbers) in connection with a potential or actual transaction, which may be stored by one or more third party payment services providers or digital payments companies that may be located inside or outside of your country of residence including outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Communications with Ethnio.
When you communicate with Ethnio, whether via phone, email or chat, or use the Services to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
Information we automatically collect when you use or access our Services.
Usage data. We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches, bookings you have made and other actions on the Platform.
What we collect from Respondents
The primary information Ethnio collects in a Screener is determined entirely by the Customer, and Ethnio requires no fields whatsoever, so the contents of form field collection are entirely the responsibility of the Customer. As a Customer, You agree and understand that You are solely responsible for the content of all visual, written communications sent by You or in Ethnio content created by You. You agree to not use the Services to send, overtly annoy, or spam users with offers outside Your company or organization in violation of applicable law. You further agree not to use the Services to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or that is otherwise unlawful, that would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation. You also warrant and represent that You are the owner or licensee of any content that You upload, record or otherwise transmit through Ethnio, including but not limited to photographs, caricatures, illustrations, designs, icons, articles, text, audio clips, and video clips (collectively, "Customer Content").
Information we automatically collect when your Respondents use or access our Services.
We collect information about Respondent interactions with the Services, such as IP, location based on IP, and browser string. You may disable automatic collection of all those types of information from your GDPR-compliant account settings in account >> profile.
When you use certain features of the Services, we may collect information about your location (e.g., IP address).
We automatically collect log information when you use the Services. That information only includes IP address, hardware and software information, device information, and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before [or after] you’ve used the Services.
Cookies and similar technology.
When you access our Services we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). For more detailed information on our use of these technologies, please see our policy on Cookies. At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do-Not-Track’ signals.
Information we collect from third party sources.
How we use what we collect
We use, store and process your information to provide and improve our Services and ensure a secure, safe and trusted experience. For example, we may use your information to:
- Provide and improve our Services
- enable you to access and use the Ethnio Services
- provide customer support
- send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you and contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our Terms of Service
- enable the processing of transactions and send notices about your transactions
- improve the Services, including by personalizing or customizing your user experience
- measure the performance of the Services and improve our content and layout
- enable you to communicate with other Ethnio users, including by sending them messages or other information during the booking process
- if you provide us or our service providers any information relating to other people in connection with the Services, we may use and store this information to facilitate your referral invitations; send your requests for reviews, for fraud detection and prevention and for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection
- Ensure a secure, safe and trusted experience
- verify your identity or authenticate information provided by you, including during account creation and password reset processes
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud, abuse, security incidents or other potentially harmful, prohibited or illegal activities
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of and enforce our Terms and Policies
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure
- conducting investigations and risk assessments
- conduct checks against databases and information sources (such as but not limited to public government databases)
- comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements
- In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you where permitted by applicable law; Provide and improve our Services, Provide targeted marketing, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or sponsored events. We retain your information as long as it is reasonably necessary and relevant for our operations.