We're proud to be sponsoring the Strive UX Research Conference in Toronto this year on June 6th – 7th. The UX Research community is in dire need of more conferences dedicated to the trials and tribulations of this crazy field, and we're thrilled the good fine Canadians at the UX Research Collective are throwing what seems to be the biggest UX Research conference of the year.
Tweet a poem about UX research and win one ticket to UXRConf, plus a $1,000 stipend
You read that correctly. All you have to do to enter is tweet a poem about UX research. Haiku, rhyming or not rhyming, inspired by songs — pretty much any kind of poem will do. It does have to fit inside a tweet, or a screenshot in your tweet, or a video in your tweet.
We know not everyone can fork over thousands of dollars to get to a UX research conference in Toronto. So we set up this contest for people who are into UX research, but might not have the means to attend.
Shout-out to @Cydharrell for being our continuing inspiration for poetry and research.
The contest begins on April 11th and closes on April 25th. Winners will be announced on May 1st on the @UXRCollective Twitter account. The winner will be chosen by a panel of industry experts evaluating your tweets/poems to find the most creative or generally awesome.
How do you enter?
Of course we’re doing this on Twitter, so all you have to do to enter is tweet! Really anything counts as a poem about UX research, but we'll be choosing the most creative or generally awesome poem as the winner.
What do you need to say in your tweet?
- Write a poem about UX Research: For example, this terrible Haiku: “Understanding them. A complex research study. Beyond the design.”
- Tag the @ethnio twitter account.
- Use the hashtag #UXRConf.
Fundamentally opposed to Twitter? Not to worry, we totally get that. Post on LinkedIn according to the same guidelines and you'll also be entered in the contest. See below for official contest rules and regulations.
What exactly do you win?
- One full-access ticket to both days of the conference. Including the track of your choice and a main stage pass.
- A $1,000 travel stipend. You can use the stipend for airfare, gold slippers, lodging, whatever you see fit.
More about the conference
#UXRConf takes place in downtown Toronto, Canada. We bring together researchers, designers and product people for listening, learning, and conversation about UX research. You can see the whole program over on uxrconference.com.
There’s also Reduced Pricing Tickets from the fine folks at Strive. So even if you don’t win this amazing contest, there are more ways to attend. Apply here.
One Last Thing
All conference attendees will receive a 10% Ethnio promo code :)
Any questions? Holler? firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Contest Rules
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ticket and travel stipend are non-transferable, and no cash or other prize substitution is permitted.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Anyone posting duplicates or found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
This Ethnio campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter or LinkedIn. And the entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize.